NSW Health released new warnings to a growing list of locations last night.
Among them are two cafes in Forster on the north central coast, fueling fears that the outbreak will spread to the New South Wales region.
Other affected locations include train lines on Sydney’s North Shore and Inner West and locations in Turramurra, Erskineville, St Peters, Raymond Terrace and Homebush.
It comes as Greater Sydney prepares for potential new restrictions, with Premier Gladys Berejiklian set to provide an update at 11am today.
At the center of health concerns this morning is Anytime Fitness at Avalon Parade, where known cases of COVID-19 were treated for several days while infectious.
Anyone who attended the gym on any day beginning Tuesday, December 8, is considered a close contact and is told to immediately get tested and self-isolate for 14 days after the last time they were in the gym. gym, says NSW Health.
Those who attended the gym during the previous two weeks, from November 23 to December 7, are told to get tested for COVID-19 and isolate themselves until they test negative.
NSW Health has confirmed to 9News that they are concerned that positive cases have visited the gym since November 23.
The gym has been closed until further notice because it is undergoing a deep cleaning.
The following other locations are also subject to new coronavirus alerts from NSW Health.
Anyone who has visited the following locations is considered a close contact of a positive case and should be tested for COVID-19 and self-isolate for 14 days regardless of the result:
- Avalon Beach: Oceana Traders – Seafood Merchants, 31 Old Barrenjoey Rd – all customers who dined from Monday, December 14 through Thursday, December 17 are considered close contacts; all customers who bought takeout are casual contacts and should be tested and isolated until they get a result;
- Avalon Beach: Avalon RSL, 1 Bowling Green Ln – Show dates have been expanded to include Monday, December 14, 6 pm-8pm;
- Narrabeen: The Sands, 1260 Pittwater Rd – Tuesday, December 15, 6 pm to 8 pm;
- Surry Hills: Nomad Restaurant, 16 Foster St – Wednesday, December 16, 12:45 pm-2pm; anyone who was there for more than an hour is a close contact, while anyone who is there for less than an hour is a casual contact;
- Surry Hills: Strawberry Hills Hotel, 453 Elizabeth St – Wednesday, December 16, 3:30 pm to 6:00 pm;
- Forster: Café Toscano (outdoor terrace area), 1 Wallis St – Wednesday, December 16, 6 pm-7:45 pm;
- Turramurra: Salon for Hair, 3/1335 Pacific Hwy – Thursday, December 17 and Friday, December 18, from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm;
- Erskineville: Rose of Australia, 1 Swanson St – Tuesday, December 15, from 7 pm to 8:45 pm
- Saint Peter: Sydney Trapeze School: Tuesday, December 15, 10 am to 12 pm (only staff and clients who attended the beginner class);
Anyone who has attended the following locations at the times listed below is considered a casual contact and should be tested immediately and isolate themselves until a negative result is received:
- Mona Vale: Miter 10, 73 Bassett St: Tuesday, December 15, 8:30 a.m. M. At 5:30 p. M. And Wednesday, December 16, from 8:30 a.m. M. At 5:30 p. M.
- Mona Vale: Fitness First at Pittwater Place Shopping Center, 10 Park Street: Sunday, December 13, from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday, December 14, from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and Wednesday, December 16, from 8:30 am to 10 am
- Palm beach: 2108 Espresso, 3/24 Ocean Rd – Monday, December 14, 8 am to 9 am;
- Raymond terrace: McDonald’s Raymond Terrace, William Bailey St – Tuesday, December 15, from 11:45 am to 12:15 pm
- Warringah Mall, Brookvale: Wednesday December 16, from 10.40 am to 1.40 pm;
- Brookvale: High Tek Aquarium, 732 Pittwater Rd – Wednesday, December 16, from 1.55 pm to 2.55 pm
- Forster: Beach Bums Café, Corner Beach Street and North Street: Wednesday, December 16, 8 a.m. M. A 9 a. M. And Thursday, December 17, from 8 a.m. M. A 9 a. M.
- Erskineville: Rose of Australia, 1 Swanson St – Tuesday, December 15 after 8:45 p.m.;
- Saint Peter: Sydney Trapeze School: Tuesday, December 15, any class after 10 am;
- Surry Hills: Cuckoo Callay at Crown, 413-415 Crown St – Tuesday, Dec 15, 11 a.m. M. At 12 p. M.
- Homebush: Harris Farm Warehouse, Flemington Markets: Tuesday, December 15, 2 a.m. to 11 a.m., Wednesday, December 16, 2 a.m. to 11 a.m., Thursday, December 17, 2 a.m. to 1 p.m.
A confirmed case of COVID-19 also traveled on multiple trains on Sydney’s North Shore and Inner West. Other passengers are considered casual contacts and should monitor for symptoms:
- T1 North Shore Line, Monday, December 14: Depart Artarmon at 8:27 am and arrive at Wynyard at 8:49 am;
- T1 North Shore Line, Monday, December 14: departure from Wynyard at 6:42 pm and arrival at Artarmon at 7:01 pm;
- T1 North Shore Line, Tuesday, December 15: departure from Artarmon at 9:17 am and arrival at Wynyard at 9:38 am;
- T3 Bankstown Line, Tuesday, December 15 – departure from St James at 6:34 pm, arrival at Erskineville 6:48 pm;
- T3 Bankstown Line, Wednesday, December 16 – Depart Erskineville at 7:03 am, arrive at Central 7:12 am