Australian News

Australian news and media publication


A traveler who returned and disappeared from a hotel quarantine in Perth For nine hours he now faces a $ 50,000 fine and up to 12 months behind bars.

Jenny D’ubios arrived in Western Australia on December 19 from Spain and was asked to remain in isolation at the Pan Pacific Hotel for 14 days.

However, around 10 a.m. yesterday, the 49-year-old decided to break her isolation and leave her hotel room to walk outside.

The police found Ms. D’ubios and arrested her around 10:20 p.m. yesterday.

Acting Prime Minister and Health Minister Roger Cook told the media that he was angry about the violation.

“I am disappointed and angry … his action potentially put many people at risk,” he said, adding that WA has not had a community-transmitted COVID-19 case in eight months.

Jenny D'ubois escaped from the Perth hotel quarantine after arriving from Europe.
Jenny D’ubios escaped from the Perth hotel quarantine after arriving from Europe. (WA Police)

“This should not have happened … The result of this is that the woman is in police custody up to $ 50,000 and 12 months in prison.”

He said that Ms D’ubios left the hotel, despite the security guards demanding that she stay. The police were then called and a security guard followed Ms. D’ubios outside.

Cook said that when the police arrived, the guard had lost sight of Ms. D’ubios, prompting an immediate search.

It is alleged that shortly after 10 am, he boarded a bus for Fremantle on Terrace Road. Three hours later he photographed himself on an unfamiliar beach, before heading to an address in Warnbro, south of Perth.

Police say that in that house he hugged a mother and a child he knew. Now both are in quarantine.

At around 10 p.m. he called a taxi and headed to Rockingam General Hospital wearing a mask. The police were notified and arrested.

D’ubios had made it known on Facebook that he was leaving his hotel.

The Pan Pacific Hotel in Perth.
The Pan Pacific Hotel in Perth. (Nine)

On the second day of his quarantine, he refused to undergo a COVID-19 test, claiming that he did not believe in the virus and that the hotel room was causing an outbreak of allergies.

“If I am not taken out of this hotel room today, I will leave here,” he wrote in a post.

Cook said that D’ubios has since accepted a test for COVID-19, which came back negative.

WA Deputy Health Director Dr. Robyn Lawrence said there was nothing about Ms. D’ubios that “set off the alarm bells” for WA Health.

Dr. Lawrence said that Ms. D’ubios had been in regular contact with doctors and nurses during her stay at the hotel, as is routine for all travelers returning from the WA hotel quarantine.

WA police said that of the more than 20,000 people in WA hotel quarantine since the start of the pandemic, Ms. D’ubios is the first to rape her.


www.9news.com.au

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *