Australian News

Australian news and media publication


Homeschooling will continue for thousands of Greater Sydney students after the New South Wales government declared the the lockdown will continue for two more weeks.
Premier Gladys Berejiklian confirmed the extension of home learning As announced this morning, New South Wales had registered 97 new cases of COVID-19.

“Based on the health advice, I said I would provide information on the closure,” Ms. Berejiklian said.

Homeschooling will continue for thousands of NSW students for at least two more weeks. (iStock)

“And it always hurts to say this, but we need to extend the lockdown for at least another two weeks.

“That includes remote learning.”

The order applies to schools in Greater Sydney, the Blue Mountains, the Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour.

Berejiklian said she hoped today’s announcement would help parents plan ahead for homeschooling arrangements.

“The reason we want to provide that two week period at least is so that parents who are teaching children or supervising children from home know that, unfortunately, for at least two more weeks, their children will need to learn. from home, “he added. said the premier.

The NSW government previously set a goal to return to education in place by Monday July 19, but that has been thwarted by the growing virus outbreak in southwest Sydney.

Berejiklian also noted that home learning could continue beyond the next two weeks.

“After two weeks we will know to what extent we need to extend the blockade, if there is any possibility of face-to-face schooling,” he said.

“There are a number of issues that we will not know about until we have more data.”

New South Wales Premier Gladys Berejiklian said the homeschooling order for the Sydney metropolitan area would be re-evaluated in two weeks. (9News)

Children of essential workers will be able to attend school in person if necessary.

Thousands of school students began the third quarter yesterday learning from home.

Ms. Berejiklian says that “all provisions will be implemented” to support Year 12 students and their families as they begin the HSC mock exams during the lockdown.

“The Department of Education and Health are working very closely to make sure Year 12 can adapt,” he said.

He said supporting Year 12 was easier because most of the other students at the school stayed home, with only one percent attending classes at Fairfield.

She said parents and students should follow the advice of their principal, who would have a plan for their school.

NSW schools outside of the non-closed areas have returned to classes normally.

Masks are mandatory for all staff and students from Year 7 and up in schools for attendees.

That includes teachers in the classrooms as they teach.

All interscholastic events, such as sports, have been indefinitely canceled and no school assemblies will be held.

Parents are not allowed in schools.


www.9news.com.au

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.