Australian News

Australian news and media publication


The undersecretary of Prevention and Health Promotion, Hugo Lopez-Gatell, assured this Tuesday that schools are not particularly centers of Covid-19 contagion, this if compared to other spaces for public use where both adult people What children and adolescents.

During the presidential morning conference, the official said that the spike in coronavirus cases in boys, girls and adolescents that is registered in January was not due to the reopening of schools, since the moment of recovery of the Covid-19 epidemic It happened when they were on vacation.

“During the holidays (…) is when the epidemic began to rebound, as in adults,” he assured.

In turn, he indicated that the percentage of Covid-19 cases in children and adolescents has remained stable throughout the entire epidemic.

He pointed out that in the joint monitoring that is done with the Secretary of Public Education (SEP) it is observed that a significant number of infections in children and adolescents occurred outside of schools, “in all other spaces where they can be”.

For its part, Delfina Gomez Alvarez, Secretary of Public Education, reported that so far 187,832 schools have been reopened in the country, in which 1,705,831 teachers serve 18,404,696 students.

Regarding vaccination in education workers, the official reported that the application of the vaccine has already been completed in 22 states of the country.

Covid-19 vaccination

On the other hand, López-Gatell reported that as of Monday, January 17, 92% of the country’s adults have already received the complete vaccination schedule. He said that the remaining 8% corresponds mostly to younger people who are part of the adult population.

The official indicated that regarding the booster dose applied to health personnel there is an advance of 55% and the advance of application in older adults is still at 55 percent.

With respect to adolescents with and without comorbidities, the advance in vaccination is 45%, that is, 8,894,016 people who have received at least one dose of the Covid-19 vaccine.

He said that after the opening of vaccination sites for lagging people of all ages, it has been observed that more and more people are convinced to get vaccinated “when they see the difference between being vaccinated and having a mild disease, not suffering from it and not being vaccinated and have a serious illness,” he said.

Medicines against Covid-19

The undersecretary of Prevention and Health Promotion, Hugo López-Gatell, reported that the federal government is already in the process of negotiating to acquire the antiviral drugs against Covid-19 from Pfizer Y Merck approved by the Cofepris. “We are in talks with the two laboratories that produce it,” he said.

He indicated that the distribution of these medications will be, like vaccination, a program of the Mexican government “so that these medications reach directly to people who have a medical indication for use.”




www.eleconomista.com.mx

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.