Australian News

Australian news and media publication


The tragedy has opened a debate on the proliferation and danger of clandestine wells in the region

After the commotion it generated in Morocco and the whole world the tragic death of the little Ryan, who passed away trapped in a well, the child has been buried this Monday near his village in front of hundreds of people.

The gifts took place during the Muslim noon prayer in a cemetery a few kilometers from Ighran, the town where the accident happened, confirmed AFP journalists on the spot.

An imam delivered a brief prayer in front of the family and the assistants, before his burial. “We never thought we would experience such a difficult time. Rayan will be in our hearts forever,” Mounir Murid, a villager, told the agency.

“It’s as if Rayan would have brought to light the situation in our region. Here we have never seen the media or the politicians. We have no network, no roads, no hospitals, no education,” he added.

Five days later

On Saturday night after five days, the remains of the child were removed and transported to the military hospital in Rabat, probably for an autopsy.

The child’s fate became a topic of national interest and it was the king’s office who announced his death the Saturday after the rescue. King Mohamed VI called the parents to offer his condolences.

Tributes from all over the world multiplied on social networks.

“Little angel You fought to the end you are a hero”, expressed an Internet user on Twitter. Another user highlighted in the social network the “union” that generated the child’s drama. Even abroad Pope Francis He sent a message highlighting that the people of Morocco came together to save Rayan.

“They tried, unfortunately, they did not survive, but what an example they gave,” the pope said at the Angelus prayer held at the Vatican.

One of the most emotional reactions came from the coach of the Algerian football teaml, Djamel Belmadi, who expressed his condolences to the family, at a time of tension between Algiers and Rabat. “Our pain and sorrow are great, but they will never be comparable to what their parents and relatives suffer,” he wrote on the selection page.

There were also numerous tributes to rescuers since the whole operation was broadcast live and followed closely by Internet users.

On Sunday, work began on filling the well and the emergency tunnel dug to try to save the child.

Clandestine wells?

Ryan accidentally fell last Tuesday in a dry hole 32 meters deep. The narrow and difficult to access hole had been built near the house where the boy lived in Ighran.

Until Friday the rescuers they tried to deliver water and oxygen to the child, without being certain of having achieved it.

Since the drama became known, thousands of people have gathered and camped in solidarity in this town, located in a mountainous area of ​​the Rif, at about 700 meters of altitude.

Although the tragedy united Moroccans, it also opened a debate on the proliferation and danger of clandestine wells in the region. According to the media, they are used to irrigate crops, including cannabis plantations.

Related news

A majority deputy, Noureddine Moudiane, urged the authorities to “end the random drilling of wells, which are often not subject to the legal procedures in force,” the Hespress website reported.

The accident recalls a tragedy that occurred in Spain in 2019 when a two-year-old boy died after fall into an abandoned well more than 100 meters deep in Andalusia. After a major operation, the remains of the minor were rescued after a deployment that lasted 13 days.




www.elperiodico.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.