Virgin Australia has launched a marketing blitz following the reopening of the Queensland border to all of New South Wales, slashing the price of nearly two million fares from $ 75.
As of today, the airline offers discounted prices on 1.9 million fares as part of its Let the good times fly sale, ending midnight AEST on February 8, 2021.
Discounted fares are only for select travel dates between March and September 2021, and the airline’s booking flexibility program (a direct result of COVID-19 measures) will remain in effect until June 30, 2021.
The flexible flight program offers passengers unlimited changes with no change fee and the option to cancel a reservation in exchange for a credit with no cancellation fee. The program is only eligible for flights booked before March 31, 2021 and for travel until June 30, 2021.
In addition, more services have been added between Sydney and Queensland destinations, and Virgin expects to sell more than 40,000 seats per week between New South Wales and Queensland in early March.
An airline spokesperson said the reopening of the borders was not just an excuse to go on vacation, but the resurgence of an industry deeply affected by virus restrictions.
“The reopening of the borders gives Australian travelers another opportunity to go on vacation, reconnect with loved ones and do business,” the spokesperson said.
“Open borders also mean more jobs for our people, and we want most of our detained team to return to work as soon as possible, so we are doing everything we can to get Australians to travel again, and that starts with a great value fare that includes luggage, seat selection and Velocity Frequent Flyer points. “
One way economy fare highlights:
• Sydney-Ballina Byron / Ballina Byron-Sydney from $ 75
• Melbourne-Sydney / Sydney-Melbourne from $ 78
• Melbourne-Launceston / Launceston-Melbourne from $ 78
• Sydney-Gold Coast / Gold Coast-Sydney from $ 79
• Brisbane-Proserpine / Proserpine-Brisbane from $ 89
• Melbourne-Adelaide / Adelaide-Melbourne from $ 89
• Sydney-Brisbane / Brisbane-Sydney from $ 89
• Melbourne-Hobart / Hobart-Melbourne from $ 99
• Sydney-Sunshine Coast / Sunshine Coast-Sydney from $ 89
• Brisbane-Mackay / Mackay-Brisbane from $ 99
• Melbourne-Canberra / Canberra-Melbourne from $ 119
• Perth-Kalgoorlie / Kalgoorlie-Perth from $ 149
• Darwin-Brisbane / Brisbane-Darwin from $ 169
• Perth-Melbourne / Melbourne-Perth from $ 169
• Perth-Karratha / Karratha-Perth from $ 199
• Perth-Port Hedland / Port Hedland-Perth from $ 199
• Perth Newman / Newman-Perth from $ 199